Some words that best describe a great Master Bedroom: warm, comfortable, cozy, romantic, serene, restful, and beautiful. It doesn’t matter what your decorating taste is – country cottage, Victorian, contemporary, or something entirely different, if you keep as many of these descriptive words in mind, you’ll be sure to transform your master bedroom into a private retreat that you love.
Whether you choose to paint or use other wall coverings on your master bedroom walls and ceiling, one thing to keep in mind is if you are looking at resale value, it’s wise to stick with neutral colors. However, the new neutrals (softened pastels) are replacing the old whites and beiges, so don’t think for one minute that neutral means boring. If you like more color in your life, you have more choices than ever.
Master Bedroom Decorating Ideas 2019
For example, warm reds and yellows are great colors for the master bedroom. Choosing your color theme may be the most difficult choice you have to make because there are literally thousands of colors and patterns to choose from. Maybe you have a favorite art object that has a color or two that you’d like to use, or perhaps you already have a bed covering or window treatments that you like to coordinate with.
Once you’ve decided on the color(s) to use, if you are painting, you might want to consider one of the new texture paints. No, they’re nothing like the old “popcorn” paint. There are also many different methods of application, such as sponging, rolling, combing, and stenciling. You can find detailed instructions for these and other techniques online.
If you’d rather use a wall covering such as wallpaper, you’ll discover that there are many more choices than the “cabbage rose” look of the 50’s, although I’m sure even that’s available if you’re into retro. Some embossed wall coverings take on the look of leather, wood and even plaster. Paneling has also come a long way. It’s now available in a variety or colors, textures and painted finishes to suit any taste.
Carpeting is, of course, a popular choice for bedroom floors because it comes in a wide variety of styles and colors, and it adds warmth and coziness to the master bedroom. If you like hard floorings such as wood or tile, you may want to warm it up a bit with an area rug, just be sure it has a pad underneath it or a rubber backing to prevent accidents.
When deciding on window treatments for your master bedroom, there are a couple of things to keep in mind – privacy and light control. Shades, blinds, and shutters do a great job in these areas. They come in so many attractive colors and styles that you may not want to cover them, as was the practice in the past. You might like the idea of painting the molding a contrasting color to create a focal point. Or get creative and use something that you might already have, like old lace or doilies to fashion a valance by simply draping them over a curtain rod.
Master Bedroom Designs Pictures Ideas
Storage is another important factor in creating a great master bedroom. Unless you’re one of the few lucky ones, there’s never enough. One simple solution to this problem is to clean out existing closets and drawers. It’s been said that we wear only 20 percent of our clothing and shoes – that means that the other 80 percent just takes up space. A rule of thumb is if you haven’t worn it in the past year, you probably won’t. So give it to someone who will. You’ll not only make someone else happy, at the same time by eliminating clutter, but you’ll also make your master bedroom seem to have the dimensions that its name implies. Then there might even be room for a comfortable chair or two for a company, or a reading area, or a small desk (for writing letters NOT for paying bills).
Beautiful Mater Bedroom Designs
Once you’ve done that, shop around for some of the new closet organizers (shelving, rods, etc.) that will make the most of the space you have. There is a product called a bed riser that you put under the supports of your bed to raise it six inches. This gives you extra storage space under your bed for seasonal clothing, or whatever.
This should give you some ideas for starting your master bedroom decorating project. Keep in mind some of the descriptive words we mentioned at the beginning and most of all, have fun!